Pages

Converse Are Still Cool!




I've always liked the Converse range of sneakers and the way they look so cool and 'worn', like you've had them ages (which indeed you may have). I've seen a bit of a resurgence recently in the amount of people wearing them and the whole 'sneaker' craze creeping back in.

I got myself a pair of the grey Chuck Taylor All Star's with the 'double tongue' and I wear them all the time. They look great with my jeans and I feel cool and trendy wearing them. I'm kind of copying a mum on the playground that I've seen and she has a few different pairs of Converse which she wears when dropping the kids off and she looks fabulous and I want to look like that too! She wears her Converse with wide leg trousers and a floaty top, other days she wears some black Hi Tops with skinny jeans and the latest sporty khaki long casual jackets that are very hot this season and the whole outfit looks great.




 I'm not quite that trendy and don't want to copy her to the extent that I look like a clone so I've drawn the line a copying the Converse and I am really pleased I did. I don't think I'll be able to stop at just one pair though, I've been looking into all the colours and styles that the Converse come in and I am just going to have to treat myself to a few more pairs!

Converse have been around a very long time, in fact the company was actually started in America in 1908, that's over a hundred years ago. I remember having some red Hi Tops in the 80's which I absolutely loved! They seem to be timeless in terms of style which is such a great trait because they'll still be around in another hundred years at this rate.

They stand for many things, such as diversity, independence and change and not following others just because you think that's what you should be doing. Their slogan 'Its not about how old you are, but how good you are' can also be interpreted in many different ways, you can be any age to wear their footwear, you should try to be as good as you can at what you do and maybe don't let people judge you because everyone is different and you can prove it.

Back in the day, Converse was worn by Rock & Roll fans (in the 50's), then by skaters and students in the 70's and 80's but going back even earlier, around the 1930's and 40's during the World War 2 era the Converse company manufactured clothing and footwear including boots for army servicemen and pilots. Despite all this though it's the association with American Basketball and Chuck Taylor which the Converse brand is most well-known for. Chuck Taylor joined Converse somewhere between 1918 and 1928 and he was a massive fan of basketball and he used the Converse footwear as a way to help spread the word about this new young sport and at the same time sell the sneakers.


Over the years Converse has had many campaigns to highlight its fantastic range of shoes and to introduce new styles to its customers, and after the 70's when more colour was introduced and the All Star style got a make-over, becoming available in suede and having the big bold star on the side it was loved by rockers and skaters and associated with the rebellious souls that wore them.

These days, Converse is coming into its second century and sending out the message that it is honouring its heritage and that 'seeing things differently' is still a part of the Converse culture, loving people who want to change the world for the better. Its customers are loving the colourful shoes and the relaxed vibe and really rate the way that the different ranges and styles have a classic yet cool feel to them. This shoe has no age limit, kids, young people, students, professionals, mums, dads, even grandparents all wear them and this kind of popularity ensures longevity of a product and is one which Converse has had a lot of practice perfecting over the years.

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...